1. All residents and visitors to Telluride are eligible to participate, except members of the judging committee. Amateurs, professionals, and children are all welcome to submit one photo.
2. Photographs must be the original work of the entrant and must be taken on Thursday, July 4th, 2019 somewhere in San Miguel County.
3. Photographs must be submitted digitally no later than 12:00 noon on Friday, July 5th. (Go to “Submit Photo” tab.)
4. Be sure to completely fill out the entry form to be eligible for the contest:
a. Title of the work
b. Location photo was taken
c. E-mail address and phone number of the photographer
d. Image files accepted: jpg. gif, or jpeg (10 MB or less)
e. No watermarks, please
5. Digital files will not be returned. By submitting the entry form, entrants are agreeing to allow their photo to be used in print and electronic media to promote the Telluride Hot Shot July 4th Photo Contest. Efforts will be made to credit the entrant when possible.
6. Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity, originality and the quality of the image. Judges are looking for the most memorable photo that captures the spirit of July 4th, 2019 in San Miguel County, Colorado. Contest organizers reserve the right to reject photos that are questionable in content including photos with obscene language or gestures, photos with nudity or partial nudity, photos that aren’t family-friendly and photos that don’t convey the true spirit of the day. Only “G” rated photos will be considered for judging. No “R” or “X” rated photos, please.
7. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
8. Deadline for entries: Friday, 12:00 noon, July 5th.
10. Limit one photo entry per photographer.